Hope’08 events coming up across Norfolk
Hope ‘08 is up and running across Norwich and Norfolk and local events include schools work, a fun day, concerts, motor racing and social action. Organiser Mark Tuma brings us up to date with some of what is happening.
Hope ’08 is a national initiative which encourages churches to work together for the benefit of their local community. It is challenging Christians up-and-down the country to identify, set-up and run local campaigns that help transform lives and bring lasting change to their own villages, towns and cities.
- Sprowston Community High School is the setting for our first Hope08 Schools Challenge. Working with a small group of pupils Heather and Mark from NYFC are putting together a community project for entry into the national competition.
- Christian young people from across the region will be having a great time at Hope and Glory at Letton Hall between 25th and 27th April. This event is designed to equip for mission and engaging with communities, and the great news is there are still some places left, for more details contact Norwich YFC on 01603 620678.
- On May 5th churches around the Heigham Park area are tieing their annual Fun Day in with Hope08, bringing the Norwich Youth For Christ Gospel Choir to add a specifically Christian communication to the various activities provided.
- More good things for young people, as a variety of partners bring renowned Christian rock band YFriday to East Anglia at the end of May. Three YFC centres and two local churches have united efforts to bring this five night tour to the area, and they are hoping that the week will let two and a half thousand young people have a great evening and an opportunity to meet Jesus through music, testimonies and gospel challenges. Tickets are only £5 and you can find more information in the article on hope-norwich.com.
- On June 7th and 8th the Christians in Motorsport GT3 team will be racing at Snetterton in the British GT championship. It would be great to have a team of local Christians to help on their stand handing out Hope information and talking with race fans. If you would like to help with this, please get in touch with Mark at NYFC who will be able to pass your details on.
- In the Summer Hope on the Streets: Operation Zechariah will bring social action back to the streets of Norwich as a variety of partners including local churches and the East Norwich Youth Project combine efforts for the good of communities. You can find more details about this in an article on hope-norwich.com.
- We have just had confirmation of a Hope08 Soul Survivor Roadshow coming to Norwich on October 27th. Anyone who has been to a roadshow before will know how good these are, so make sure you get this date in the diary now! More details will be coming soon from NYFC.
Remember, these are only some of the things that people have told us about - but we are confident there's more going on that people haven't mentioned to us too! It's never too late to start making a difference, so even if your church hasn't got too far yet don't give up but keep on pushing to change your community.
For more details on Hope ‘08 get in touch with Mark Tuma
at NYFC (01603 620678) or visit:
By courtesy of www.networknorwich.co.uk